First you got to cut it into strips. I searched several YouTube videos on how to make this. I followed the instructions of this video. There are a lot more. But I liked her voice. : )
To tat the butterfly I filled my Tatsy with a few yards. I didn’t measure it. But I think it was like 3-5 yards. Because I know that this was not going to be enough to finish the butterfly I decided to make SCMRs instead or regular rings. It was a very interesting experience. The strip keeps the form and it is a bit stretchy. It’s like tatting with elastic. Yes, I have tatted with elastic. I recommend it only for the insane! LOL
The pattern I used for the butterfly is a common one. I have been using this counting for decades. Here is the pattern:
R: 10 – 2 — 2 – 7 – 3.
R: 3 + 5 – 8.
R: 8 – 5 – 3.
R: 3 + 7 – 2 — 2 – 10.
Tie the ends for the antennas.
As the result of the experiment was pleasant I’ll be making a series of works. Now I need Tees to strip.